GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Friday afternoon, SpartanNash announced that more than 16,000 part- and full-time hourly front line associates will receive an additional $2 per hour for all hours worked between April 5 and 25. The front line bonus pay will apply to hourly SpartanNash associates working in its 155 company-owned stores, Caito Foods facilities and 18 distribution centers.
This bonus pay adds to the associate appreciation bonus for all hourly frontline associates, which provides each associate with an additional $25 bonus each week between March 1 and April 25. The Company has also enhanced its associate discount in its company-owned retail stores to 20 percent off during the same timeframe.
SpartanNash has also invested in personal protective equipment (PPE), sneeze guards, increased safety and sanitation measures and additional staffing.
“Our world is changing rapidly during the coronavirus pandemic, but what hasn’t changed is the unwavering commitment of our family of associates, who are on the front lines ensuring our neighbors, customers, military families and those most at risk receive the essential food, medicine and groceries they need,” Interim President and CEO Dennis Eidson said. “These financial incentives are our way of giving back to the hourly frontline associates who are giving so much during these unprecedented times.”
In addition to the raises, SpartanNash will also be:
- Extending sick leave benefits to ensure associates who are sick or are displaying symptoms of coronavirus are able to remain off work until they are symptom-free. SpartanNash’s expanded sick time provides a maximum of 80 hours of paid leave.
- Having Reminders of Total Rewards benefits be made available to all associates, including telemedicine visits, employee assistance programs for mental and physical wellbeing as well as childcare assistance, and prescription drug coverage. Telemedicine visits and COVID-19 testing fees have been waived since the onset of the pandemic.
- Expanding the company’s discount and referral bonus programs to provide associates with additional ways to save money and earn financial incentives.
- Giving access to the company’s HR Helpline for answers to any benefits questions or other concerns.
- Recruiting and onboarding more than 1,300 new hires in the last two weeks to support current associates and provide career opportunities to displaced workers.
For all of SpartanNash’s latest efforts around the coronavirus, visit this site.