NewsLocal NewsSouth MIVan Buren

Actions

Pet killed when kitchen fire spread to rest of home

200515BangorTownship0013.JPG
200515BangorTownship0004.JPG
Posted at 6:43 PM, May 15, 2020

BANGOR, Mich. — A kitchen fire spread through a Bangor home, killing the family's pet.

The home on 70th Street near 39th Avenue was heavily damaged when cooking oil caught fire, spreading to other parts of the house.

Bangor Chief Derek Babcock told FOX 17 all occupants made it out of the house except the cat.

The Bangor Community Fire Department, with the help of Covert Township and South Haven Area Emergency Services, put out the flames Friday just before 5 p.m.