MUSKEGON, Mich. — Fire crews responded to an apartment fire in the area of Valley Street and Laketon Avenue Monday afternoon.
Upon arrival, crews discovered that the fire had spread inside the building and through the roof, according to the Muskegon Department of Public Safety.
We’re told all residents made it out of the building safely with no injuries reported and that no firefighters were harmed.
Authorities say the upper floor had to be removed in order to completely extinguish the blaze.
The public safety department says the fire is under investigation, adding that the fire is believed to have started from a kitchen stove.