NewsLocal NewsLakeshoreAllegan


Gas leak likely caused barn fire in Allegan County, firefighters say

Crews battle fire in Heath Township
Posted at 8:09 AM, Jan 12, 2021
and last updated 2021-01-12 08:33:13-05

HEATH TOWNSHIP, Mich. — Firefighters are currently looking into what sparked an early morning fire at an Allegan County barn,

It started just after 6:30 a.m. Tuesday at a barn located near 134th Avenue and 41st Street in Heath Township.

Firefighters on scene tell FOX 17 the coop was being prepared to house chicks when the owner heard an explosion.

No animals were inside or injured.

Firefighters believe a gas leak may have caused the fire.