SAUGATUCK, Mich. — Saugatuck Fire District Fire Chief Greg Janik told FOX 17 that a wood burning fireplace caught on fire, which extended to the attic.
Their crew was called to a residence on Van Dalson St. at 3:26 a.m. Sunday morning.
Accessibility to water was a challenge, since the building was situated on a dead end, narrow road.
Some members of the crew were forced to set up at the nearby Beachway Resort in order to properly stage.
While the renters were able to make it out ok, the incident is still under investigation.