KALAMAZOO, Mich. — The City of Kalamazoo will hold a series of meetings asking people to weigh in on the city’s recreational ordinance.
Last fall, the city decided to wait until June 1 to allow recreational facilities in the area. Now, city staff is working on zoning and licensing ordinances that meet that deadline, but they want residents to weigh in.
There will be five meetings held in March. All will cover the same information and offer a public comment period:
- March 16: 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Winchell Elementary School
- March 18: 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Edison Neighborhood Association
- March 19: 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Northside Association for Community Development
- March 24 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Station 5 Community Center
- March 25: 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Milwood Community Church