NewsLocal NewsKzoo/BCKalamazoo


Boiler malfunction leads to Kalamazoo apartment fire

Posted at 7:40 PM, Feb 11, 2021
and last updated 2021-02-11 19:41:12-05

KALAMAZOO, Mich. — Kalamazoo Public Safety responded to a fire that broke out at Fox Ridge Apartments in Kalamazoo today.

Fire crews were told that a boiler experienced issues that set fire to the insulation within the attic, according to Kalamazoo Public Safety. They say the fire was put out after a brief interior attack, adding that a subsequent examination determined that limited damage was dealt to the building.

We’re told evacuation was not required during the incident.

KDPS says the boiler is no longer functional; however, they add that the American Red Cross will provide shelter to residents until the building can be sufficiently heated.

No injuries were reported; the fire is under investigation.

Those with information in connection to the fire are asked to call KDPS at 269-337-8139 or Silent Observer at 269-343-2100.

Follow FOX 17: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - YouTube