NewsLocal NewsKzoo/BC

Actions

Battle Creek Fire Department responds to electrical fire contained to garage

No injuries were reported
WXMI_Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 3:36 PM, Jan 10, 2021
and last updated 2021-01-10 15:38:41-05

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — No one was injured in a Battle Creek garage fire that occurred Sunday morning.

The Battle Creek Fire Department responded to the fire that started in a two-car garage just before 8 a.m. at 127 Darragh Drive.

The fire, which was quickly extinguished following the department's arrival, was caused by faulty electrical wiring, according to a BCFD spokesperson.

The fire was contained to the garage and did not spread into the residence, which was occupied at the time of the incident.

All occupants of the home were safely evacuated and suffered no injuries.