KENT COUNTY, Mich. — As of Sunday, May 24, certain roads in Kent County and surrounding areas are briefly closed due to flooding.
Kent County Road Commission says that if a road is temporarily closed, it means it's unsafe to pass and you should obey the warning signs.
So if you can't see the surface of the road, only water, you must either turn around or take another route.
Anyone with an emergency is asked to call police, who will then direct the road commission with crews on standby throughout the holiday weekend.
The list below will be updated based on changing conditions.
- Konkle Drive at Jupiter Ave
- River Point Dr at Indian Dr
- Indian Drive at West River
- Canright at Briggs Blvd
- Abrigador Trail
- West River Center at Abrigador Trail
- Forest Ridge Ave north of Coit Ave
- Bailey Park at Purchase
- 4 Mile Rd at Briggs
- Jackson St between M-21 and Grand River Dr
- Ashley between M-44 and 7 Mile Rd
- Olin Lakes between M-46 and Solon
- Veterans Memorial Drive SW East of Butterworth St (Walker)
- Riverbend Drive SW east of Butterworth St (Walker)