NewsLocal NewsGrand Rapids


One injured, five displaced in Grand Rapids apartment fire

Grand Rapids Fire Department
Posted at 8:03 PM, Feb 20, 2021
and last updated 2021-02-20 20:03:21-05

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The Grand Rapids Fire Department responded to an apartment fire at Millbrook Apartments on Pastiche Drive today.

Lt. William Smith with the GRFD says the fire started as a result of a resident using an electric stove to heat the apartment.

We’re told the fire resulted in one minor injury and that five adults were displaced from the building. Smith says Red Cross is providing shelter to those people.

Smith advises everyone to never use an improvised source of heating. He recommends using a space heater, visiting a friend’s house or calling 2-1-1 for temporary shelter if in need of emergency heating.

Follow FOX 17: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - YouTube