GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Grand Rapids police are investigating several cell phone store break-ins from early Wednesday morning that they believe are related.
- Officers responded about 2:40 a.m. to an alarm at Genius Phone Repair in the 2100 block of Celebration NE. They do not know what was taken.
- GRPD responded just after 2:50 a.m. to another alarm at Boost Mobile in the 1600 block of Leonard NE. They described the suspects as younger men who arrived in a small SUV. It’s unclear what was taken.
- Another Boost Mobile, this time in the 800 block of Leonard NE, was hit about 3 a.m. Officers found the front glass broken, but no one broke inside.
- The Boost Mobile in the 900 block of Bridge NW had its alarm go off just before 3:10 a.m. Officers tried to stop a vehicle they believed to be involved, but all the occupants fled. A K-9 track wasn’t successful.
- Officers in the area of the Metro-PCS store in the 1200 block of W. Fulton saw three teenagers about 3:30 a.m. who seemed to be “casing” the store. The teenagers fled northbound. Soon after, they tried to carjack a blue van at Garfield and Fulton NW, according to GRPD. They fled on foot, and a K-9 track again wasn’t successful.
Anyone with information about these incidents may contact the Grand Rapids Police Department at 616-456-3380 or Silent Observer at 616-774-2345.