NewsLocal NewsGrand Rapids

Actions

Charger believed to have sparked bus fire in Grand Rapids

Posted at 5:31 AM, Feb 08, 2020
and last updated 2020-02-08 05:32:34-05

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Firefighters told FOX 17 crews that they think a charger is what caused an accessible bus to catch fire overnight.

It sparked sometime around 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning at a Dean Transportation bus lot in Grand Rapids near Kentwood.

Crews dealt with the flames pretty quickly and had the fire out within 30 minutes.

Thankfully, no one was hurt.