GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The holiday shopping season is officially underway with many Americans treating themselves via in-store or online shopping experiences.
With that in mind, Rebecca Gramuglia, Consumer Expert with TopCashback.com, joined Fox 17 live to share these five tips for you to maximize your savings this holiday season.
- Compare prices. Take the time to do the research to make sure you get the best deal possible this season.
- Stack the savings. See if there is any way you can use extra coupon codes or store rewards to get a discount on your purchases.
- Stick to your plan. Make sure you don't get sidetracked with all the offers and advertisements, which can sometimes end up costing you more in the long run.
- Be quick. Look out for any limited quantities on an item. Set an alarm and get in front of that virtual line to shop early.
- Read the fine print. Know what you need to know from the return policy to shipping timeline. If you don't, you might get stuck either keeping the 'final sale' item you would have returned or paying full shipping costs to send it back.