Fire rips through Coopersville shopping center, one business a total loss

Posted at 2:29 PM, Oct 15, 2020
and last updated 2020-10-15 14:29:14-04

COOPERSVILLE, Mich. — A fire broke out at a Coopersville strip mall Thursday morning.

Emergency services arrived on the scene after reports of smoke were made. By the time crews arrived, heavy fire engulfed the building across the ceiling.

Firefighters pulled out the ceiling to quell the flames. No injuries were reported. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

The section of the mall housing VIP Nail and Spa Tanning is considered a total loss. Other businesses may have sustained smoke and water damage.