BATTLE CREEK — Local artists may now have a chance to see their outdoor sculptures on display thanks to an effort from Kellogg Community College.
Organizers say those selected will receive a $750 stipend for expenses and public viewing will be on display for the next 24 months. They say there's a chance for an extension or purchase as well.
Below is a list of submission requirements from Kellogg Community College:
- Each artist may submit up to five sculpture entries via digital photographs or detailed concept sketches. Each sculpture may be represented by two different angle or perspective images.
- Each submission should include artist's name, contact information, sculpture title, dimensions, media and sale price (if applicable).
- Sculptures must be weatherproof and designed to withstand outdoor environmental conditions for at least two years. Care and maintenance of exhibited work is the responsibility of the artist.
- The artists are responsible for the transportation and installation of selected sculptures. Staff from KCC's Institutional Facilities Department will be available to work with the artists on installation.
- If applicable, sculpture entries must describe in detail any special installation requirements.
- Sculptures may be offered for sale during exhibition but must be exhibited at KCC for the full 24 months. Artists are responsible for the handling of sales, and no commission will be charged.
- Artists are responsible for the removal of all unsold artworks by a prearranged date following exhibition. Art not removed in a timely fashion will be subject to storage or disposal fees.
- KCC will provide insurance to cover the artwork while exhibited on campus.
- The KCC Art on Campus committee will review and select entries. All work must have strong visual appeal and complement or highlight the locations to be installed.
- KCC will provide publicity for each installed work of art. Entry into the exhibition includes permission for KCC to photographically reproduce any of the installed sculptures for publicity and educational purposes.
For more information, contact Art Exhibits Director Ryan Flathau at email@example.com or at 269-565-7880.