There's a powerful movement in West Michigan that's bringing females together and in return, they're the force and drive behind some great movements. The Heart of West Michigan United Way has Women United to thank for such change and empowerment.
Women United is a global network of more than 75,000 women leaders across six countries.
Heart of West Michigan United Way’s Women United was founded in 2018 and is dedicated to empowering and enhancing the lives of women and girls in the community with confidence, resources, and skills in order to achieve their life goals.
The group's focus has been on giving and volunteering to support women and young girls in Kent County by hosting a poetry workshop for young girls, a personal hygiene drive, and sponsored Scholastic Book Fairs at Alger and Burton Middle Schools.
Women United is looking to expand it's membership beyond the core group of women, and invites all women in Kent County who are committed to empowering the lives of women and girls to join.
There are many benefits to joining Women United along with making a difference:
- Access a strong network of like-minded women, United Way board of directors, and community leaders.
- Collaborate with business and community leaders at United Way events and receptions.
- Deepen your understanding of issues facing the community and the opportunity to contribute to change.
- Mentor middle school girls and help them build self-confidence in order to break through barriers in their path.
- Volunteer at events in the community.
- Direct your financial gifts to areas of greatest need.
- Be recognized for your role as a community leader at United Way’s events, in online communications, and annual report.
To learn more, visit hwmuw.org/womenunited.