Holiday Sweet Potatoes with a Savory Twist (Gluten-Free & Vegan)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 of honey
- 1 tablespoon tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 sweet potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds
- Dash coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, sesame oil, honey, tamari or coconut aminos, and cinnamon; add the sweet potatoes. Toss until well coated.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a roasted tray. Sprinkle with sea salt. Roast for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a serving platter. Drizzle with additional honey and coconut oil, if desired. Sprinkle with pecans.
For more recipes, visit pinewoodkitchen.com.