1. State leaders are asking you to shop local this holiday season. The Michigan Economic Development Corp, just launched their new campaign 'Support Local'. The goal is to make sure small businesses that have been impacted by the pandemic can make it through the winter.
2. The USPS recommends you mail your holiday gifts early. Starting December 19th, it's recommended you use priority mail to make sure your packages arrive before Christmas.
The postal service's social media sites have tips and how to videos for the latest information on holiday shipping.
3. If you're tired of your old cloth face masks, maybe it's time to grab one covered in diamonds. A Japanese company is selling face coverings encrusted with diamonds, pearls and crystals.
4. The final major celestial moment of 2020 is expected to happen on the winter solstice.
On December 21, stargazers will be able to look up to the night sky and see Saturn and Jupiter.
The planets will be in conjunction that night, meaning lined up closely with one another.
They are expected to come within one-tenth of a degree of each other.
The last time that happened was in 1653 and it's not expected to happen again until 2080.
5. Mel Trotter Ministries hosted a sit-down meal for hundreds of people on Thursday. They ate at socially distanced tables throughout the day.
Mel trotter wants to remind people that homelessness will continue to be an issue as we get into the cold, winter months, especially with the impact of the pandemic.