1. The Powerball Jackpot is now the 9th largest in the history of the game as there was no winner of the $489 million jackpot for the drawing held on Saturday.
The Powerball Drawing on Wednesday will be worth $550 million with a cash option of $411.4 million.
While there was no grand prize winner, two players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in Florida and Pennsylvania.
2. The Queen of Soul will forever be remembered at a Detroit Post Office. President Trump has signed a law that names a post office for Aretha Franklin, who died in 2018.
U.S. Representative Brenda Lawrence is a Detroit-area Democrat who sponsored the bill. Lawrence says renaming the post office for Franklin is a "small gesture of gratitude for her countless contributions to Detroit and the United States."
The post office is about five miles east of downtown Detroit on East Jefferson Avenue.
3. If more organization and less clutter was part of your New Year's resolution, today is the day! The second Monday of each January is National Clean Off Your Desk Day.
National Day Calendar says AC Viero of Michigan appears to be the founder of this annual event.
if you work from home and hate your partner's mess, this might be the perfect time to suggest some tidying.
4. A European Union climate agency says 2020 has tied for the hottest year on record.
That agency says last year is tied with 2016 for giving us the highest global temperatures ever.
the average global temperature in 2020 was about 2.25 degrees warmer than the period before widespread industrialization began spreading emissions.
2020 was also nearly three-quarters of a degree warmer than 2019, which was a major increase.
Last year's record warmth fueled deadly heatwaves droughts, intense wildfires, and other environmental disasters around the world.
5. Pop-Tarts is giving us a taste of summer with its new flavor.
You will soon be able to find Lemon Groove Pink Lemonade Pop-Tarts at a store near you.
The pastry is decorated with pink and yellow lemons in a variety of wigs and glasses.
Right now they are being sold for a limited time at Walmart, along with other new flavors like Chocolate Churro and Crips Appletastic, which tastes like an apple pie.