1. We’re past the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, now it’s Giving Tuesday. It’s a time to give back for the holiday season to those in need.
The day started back in 2012 and is meant to focus on charitable causes.
Last year $400 million was raised, and more than $3 million gifts donated. But it’s not just about giving things, you can also give your time today by volunteering.
2. Let your inner lumberjack release! A new axe-throwing location has opened its doors in West Michigan, Flannel Jax!
It’s located on Lake Michigan Drive inside the same building as 601 West Apartments.
The manager says they offer more than just axe-throwing, they have several lumberjack activities including crosscut sawing competitions and “Thump the Stump”, a race to hammer a nail into a stump using a hatchet.
This is the company’s third location nationwide. Participants must be at least 18-years-old to enter.
3. The Gilmore Car Museum is adding more cars to its exhibit, and they’re spending $5 million to make it happen.
According to the “Battle Creek Enquirer” the museum is adding 25,000-square-feet exhibit space for muscle cars. They currently have 20, but that number should double by the time renovations are all said and done.
The museum has set a groundbreaking for next year on the project with plans to open the new exhibit sometime in 2021.
4. The world’s first Makeup Museum is opening in New York.
The inaugural exhibit, Pink Jungle: 1950s Makeup in America, will open in May of next year and explore every facet of the industry in that decade.
It will be the first-ever physical space open to the public devoted to the history of makeup and its ongoing impact on society.
Beauty lovers are invited to participate in the lead-up to the exhibition debut by contributing to a GoFundMe campaign for the makeup museum.
Tickets go on sale in March 2020 and a waitlist to sign up for early access.
5. Soup season is officially here, and Campbell’s is celebrating with a new line of merchandise.
The brand introducing its holiday collection of chunky soup swag. From soup-grabbing gloves to festive slippers to a hat with a spork holder, these gadgets are the perfect gift for the soup-lover in your life.
The items range in price from $5 for the spork, to $48 for a plaid sleeve blanket.
Find the whole line-up online at chunkysoupswag.com.