1. Two of Michigan's first environmentally friendly electric school buses are being put to use at one West Michigan School District.
Three Rivers Community Schools added the buses to their fleet on Wednesday.
The district wants to use those buses on routes inside the city where they spend much of their time idling. The chosen routes carry about 500 students daily.
The buses are quieter and less expensive to maintain and electricity is way cheaper than gasoline or diesel.
Three Rivers is just one of seven districts in the state to receive the new electric buses.
2. Lori's Voice is getting a big boost from Kohl's this holiday season.
The non-profit is receiving $10,000 as part of the Kohl's National Giving Program, which awards $3 million in grants each year.
Lori's Voice is run by Lori and Dave Hastings helping families whose kids have muscular, neurological, and degenerative conditions.
Kohl's National Giving Program is funded through Kohl's Cares, which donates 100 percent of the proceeds from children's books and toys it sells.
3. The Grand Rapids Public Museum is helping people plan Christmas break this year. The museum's Snowflake Break is back December 21 through January 5.
General admission includes hands-on activities and special holiday displays. For an extra fee, the family can check out the ongoing Bodies Revealed exhibit.
Kent County residents will get a discount on their tickets.
4. IHOP is cooking up a venture into the fast-casual industry. The pancake house is launching a new restaurant chain called Flip'd.
It's a casual, quick-service cafe serving up freshly-made food all day. The spin-off will be about half the size of a typical IHOP, aiming to provide high-quality meals for customers on-the-go.
Guests can look forward to build-your-own-pancake bowls, made-to-order breakfast burritos, a burger bar and more.
The first Flip'd restaurant debuts in Atlanta next April, with tentative plans for more locations in New York, DC, Denver, and San Francisco.
5. The countdown to Christmas is about to get sweeter. Kristpy Kreme announcing a special holiday deal, customers can get a dozen original glazed donuts for only a buck.
But there's a catch, customers need to buy a dozen donuts at the original price to unlock the savings.
Krispy Kreme says each customer may only get two $1 boxes.
Don't miss out, the day of dozens is only going on throughout today.