John Ball Zoo's largest fundraiser of the year, Rendezoo, was canceled due to the pandemic. Now, they're inviting the public to take part in WildLive Week, a special celebration and fundraiser for the zoo June 16-22.
People can join John Ball Zoo online beginning Tuesday, June 16, for WildLive Week! WildLive Week is a celebration of the Zoo which will boast animal birthdays, fun videos, community partnership announcements, and new ways to see the Zoo.
- Monday, June 16– The kick-off of WildLive week with a birthday celebration. Chimpanzee Sammy is turning 42 years old on Facebook and at the Zoo.
- Wednesday, June 17– Online video sharing a special video of sponsors.
- Thursday, June 18– Online video of some of the zoo's youngest supporters sharing meaningful messages and show that giving can come in big and small packages and that every dollar counts.
- Friday, June 18- Our staff gets in the fun through an online video sharing memories and moments close to them.
- Saturday, June 19– Ever wonder how they feed all 2,000+ animals at John Ball Zoo? Well, you’re in for an amazing behind the scenes look at how their diets are prepared and managed. Chef Jenna Arcidiacono, from Amore Trattoria Italiana, will come along and learn about how we create our animal recipes and prepare diets. Also, she'll create a special enrichment dish for the Chimpanzee troop!
- Sunday, June 21– John Ball Zoo is celebrating red panda Wyatt’s 8th birthday will a special online video of him enjoying birthday enrichment.
- Monday, June 22- Final day to dine in or carry out at Uccello’s Ristorante! It’s an easy way to support the Zoo, with 15% of dinner sales donated back to JBZ!
- Tuesday, June 23– John Ball Zoo announced LIVE on Facebook the final matching gift campaign results and see how much they've raised!
For more details, visit jbzoo.org/WildLive.