1. Ready for a cat, dog, bunny, kitten, or beyond? Bissell Pet Foundation is once again "Emptying the Shelters", paying for a portion of adoption fees at participating shelters this weekend.
From Friday, July 10 through Sunday, July 12, pets can be adopted for $25 or less.
Prospective owners are asked to go online to find an adoptable animal at participating shelters and processing procedures.
Shelters will work with interested adopters to schedule an in-person appointment while following COVID-19 guidelines.
If you can't adopt a pet right now, the foundations ask that you consider making a donation.
For participating shelters in West Michigan, just go to bissellpetfoundation.org.
2. Bell's Oberon is getting a makeover. Bell's is jumping on their Facebook page saying very soon they'll be releasing mango-infused Oberon.
The beer, which is one of the most popular to come out of the area, is about to get even better. It'll be a limited-edition beer and no word on when it'll be coming out.
3. John Ball Zoo and Brewery Vivant are teaming up to create a beer called JBZ.
The two organizations want to highlight their work on conservation and sustainability.
The JBZ Beer will be on draft at various locations at the John Ball Zoo as well as at Brewery Vivant, beginning on July 9.
The beer will also be packaged in 16-ounce cans that will be available for takeout through Brewery Vivant and John BAll Zoo retail outlets later this summer.
4. Chicago-style restaurant, Portillo's, will open its first Michigan location in Sterling Heights.
For the fast-casual restaurant concept known for its menu of Chicago-style favorites, this marks the brand's first-ever restaurant in Michigan, the ninth state for the chain.
The site for the upcoming Portillo's restaurant is on Hall Road. The 7,900-square-foot restaurant is expected to open in the second half of 2021.
It will feature seating for more than 180 guests, a seasonal outdoor patio with seating for more than 50 guests, and double drive-thru lanes.
Guests can expect to enjoy Portillo's signature menu items like Chicago-style hot dogs, famous Italian Beef sandwiches, and Portillo's famous Chocolate Cake.
5. The Bronco is back. Next Monday, Ford will unveil three new SUVs, all bearing the Bronco name.
There will be a two-door midsize version of the off-road SUV, a four-door version, and a smaller off-roader called the Bronco Sport.
Ford ended production of the Bronco in 1996, but in 2017 started making plans to bring it back.
Also, the company is working with clothing and toy companies that offer licensed Bronco products.