1. Southern comfort food is coming to Grand Rapids in the form of a new restaurant, Tupelo Honey, and they're hiring.
Tupelo Honey is opening downtown next month and they need to fill 80 positions. It'll be located near the intersection of Ottawa Avenue and Pearl Street.
The restaurant is known for its honey dusted fried chicken, tupelo shrimp and grits, and its sweet and spicy chicken sandwich.
Positions include servers, bartenders, hosts along with the back of house positions.
The hiring event runs from August 24-28, and people can apply online.
2. Land in 15 counties across Michigan will be available in a public auction this fall.
Lake Frontage, Trail Access, and small lots are among the properties available in the next round of surplus land auctions from the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.
The land is available in counties mainly in the central and northern parts of the Lower Peninsula and in the Upper Peninsula.
Properties for sale range in size from under an acre to 40 acres. Auction proceeds will help provide future outdoor recreation opportunities in keeping with the DNR's mission.
Interested bidders may pre-register and get more information about the online auction schedule at tax-sale.info.
3. With more people working from home while parenting during the pandemic, Fisher-Price is hoping to add a little fun into it. They've released a new line of toys for babies and toddlers who want to hang out near mom or dad while they work.
The play office includes a laptop and a coffee cup. There's also a chef's set, which has an apron-bib and a chewable oven mitt. There's a stay at home exercise kit too.
The toys are available online and at various retailers.
4. Costco turns a popular human stopover place into a play idea for your furry friend to sink his teeth into. Costco's food court, which offers food items for shoppers to eat while shopping, teamed up with dog toy designer, Bark, to create a line of "Pup Toys" for your dog.
The toy bundle recreates Costco food court items. Rover can now playfully bite down on the "All-Squeak Hot Dog", "Pupperoni Pizza", and "Soda Pup."
Your dog can also get its own membership card to chew on.
The dog toy bundle is now available at participating Costco stores for $15.99.
5. Forget chocolate or vanilla, it's a birthday cake made of fruits, leaves, and bamboo for the world's oldest panda in captivity, celebrating her 38th birthday Sunday.
Fans and locals visited the zoo in southwest China to make her a big cake out of fruits, leaves, and bamboo.
They sang birthday songs as she walked out of her home and up the stairs to enjoy the cake.
The giant panda Xinxing weighs about 1220 pounds. She has given birth to 10 baby pandas and has over 150 descendants in zoos around the world.
There are barely 30 pandas over the age of 30 worldwide.