Fashion is more than just the clothes you wear, makeup plays a big part as well!
Nechami Tennenbaum, the founder of Karmela Cosmetics, shares tips on how women can step up their makeup game for Valentine's Day, date night, or just a night out with the girls (when it's safe to do so.)
- Achieve balance with your makeup look. Bold eyes work well with a soft lip or vice versa. More makeup doesn't necessarily mean more beauty.
- Determine your undertones so you can easily shop for makeup. An undertone is a color from underneath the surface of your skin that affects your overall hue. Picking the right makeup to enhance the cool, warm, or neutral undertones can make or break your look.
- Make sure your foundation matches your skin tone properly. Women often make the mistake of matching their foundation with the skin tone of their hands. Use the skin tone on your neck and jawline to determine the color foundation you use.
- Exfoliating your lips can achieve a smooth, hydrated lip for a flawless holiday red lip.
- Many women love the glossy finish of lip gloss but get frustrated with it not lasting on their lips. Create a long-lasting glossy lip by applying matte lipstick, then apply a clear gloss on top to get a shiny lip that lasts!