Crews dispatched to fire at NW Grand Rapids business

Posted at 3:57 PM, Mar 19, 2018
and last updated 2018-03-19 22:14:50-04

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Fire Department confirms an unattended cutting torch sparked the fire at a business on the northwest side of Grand Rapids.

Fire officials say workers were in the process of doing demolition work prior to the fire.

It broke out Monday afternoon at Enterprise Iron & Metal Company in the 800 block of Pannell NW.

No injuries have been reported, but smoke could be seen for quite a distance.