1. America has spoken, Donald Trump is the winning the title of President of the United States.
One by one, the swing states fell his way: Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
Democrat Hillary Clinton has been clinging for hours to faint hopes as the election of the nation’s 45th president roared to a conclusion.
Shortly after 2 a.m., she called Trump to concede.
After Trump’s victory was confirmed, he stepped in front of supporters in New York and said, “I pledge to be president for all Americans… we are going to rebuild our inner cities… we will rebuild our infrastructure, which will become second to none.”
2. So who did Michigan vote for? The ballots are still being counted, but it looks like Kent, Ottawa, Allegan, Barry, Eaton, Newaygo, and Oceana counties were in favor of Trump.
Meanwhile, Muskegon and Kalamazoo stood out as the lone counties in West Michigan that voted for Clinton.
3. After a win over Kent State University in Ohio, the Western Michigan Broncos remain undefeated, becoming the nation’s first 10-Win Team.
Kent State led the first quarter 14-0. Then in the third quarter, quarterback Zach Terrell scored on a one yard keeper, capping a 20-play drive, to give Western its first lead at 19-14 before he threw a pass to Fabian Johnson for the two point conversion.
Later, Justin Franklin’s 19-yard touchdown helped solidify WMU’s lead. The Broncos won 27-21.
4. Black Friday store ads are already being leaked before the Thanksgiving holiday.
Some of those include Sears, craft store Michael's, Kmart, Staples, and a few more.
To see these ads, click here.
5. Grand Rapids is kicking off its second Cocktail Week today.
More than 25 local restaurants are taking part of the celebration now through November 20. They’ll either put a spin on classic drinks, or invent new ones.
They’re offering customers two cocktails and a shared appetizer for just $25.
Some of the restaurants and breweries include Amore, Bar Divani, GR Brewing Company, and Reserve Win and Food.
Click here to see a full list of restaurants and breweries participating.