1. The wait is over! The curses of Billy goats, black cats, and Bartman are all a thing of the past as The Chicago cubs win their first World Series since 1908.
Game 7 started in Cleveland, and high drama peaked in the bottom of the eighth inning when the Indians tied the game at 6 with a home run.
It was a nail-biter, with a rain delay and extra innings, but The Cubs ended the longest drought in baseball with a final score of 8-7.
2. If you’re having second thoughts on who you’ve voted for on that absentee ballot, there’s a chance for you to change it.
Michigan is one of four states allowing voters to change or cancel their early absentee ballot.
All you need to do is show up in person to your local clerk’s office by 4 p.m. on November 7 to make the change.
3. Four parks in Grand Rapids have gotten an upgrade.
Campau, Douglas, Dickinson, and Mulick Parks got a $2.5 million upgrade with new features like picnic shelters, playground enhancements, and walking paths.
Earlier this morning, there was a grand reopening park tour with city and neighborhood leaders, as well as hundreds of local students.
4. Uber is adding a new feature to request a ride to find a friend without knowing their location.
Just type one of your contact’s names into Uber’s search option, then Uber will ask that friend for approval to share their location and take you to them.
The update will also make information like vehicle options and pricing readily available. The features will roll out in the coming weeks.
5. Today may be National Sandwich Day, but it’s also National Men Make Dinner Day.
If you’re comfortable in the kitchen, love to cook, and regularly treat friends to your culinary delights, this day is not for you.
Todd shared some of his favorite foods to cook with us.