1. The first presidential debate took place on Monday night, but it’s still unknown is it changed any minds or simply reinforced existing opinions.
Both candidates came out swinging in the fierce debate, with zingers from both sides from Donald Trump calling Hillary Clinton’s email scandal “more than a mistake” to Clinton's response to criticism over her preparing for the debate where she stated she's also prepared to be president.
Now the candidates are back to the general race. Clinton hits the campaign trail in North Carolina, while Trump heads to Florida for a rally.
The next presidential debate will be held in St. Louis on Sunday October 9.
2. The competition is heating up at this year's ArtPrize, as the jurors reveal their picks for their Shortlist. They picked five pieces per category. There are four categories: 2D, 3D, installation and time-based.
A list of five finalists for outstanding venue was also released.
The finalists come from all over the world but five Michigan based artists are among the 20 who are in the running for the $200,000 juried grand prize this year.
The juried prize is separate from the public vote. Artprize 8 runs through October 9th.
3. A library is about to get a much needed make over, thanks to a big anonymous donation.
The Muskegon Area District Library just received $92,000 to expand the Walker Branch.
Those who work at the library say the money is a huge boost, because 80 percent of their funding comes from millage and tax revenue.
The library's task force says they've discussed expanding for years and now the city manager believes work will be fast-tracked.
Right now, officials say they're just in the brainstorming phase and hope to build on the suggestions and input they've gotten from the public on possible changes.
4. The city of Grand Haven is in the running to be named “America's Happiest Seaside Town.”
Grand Haven is going up against cities like Sarasota in Florida and Hilton Head Island in South Carolina.
The magazine “Coastal Living” is putting on the contest.
They chose the finalists by looking at the health of beaches, percentage of clear and sunny days, and crime ratings.
You can vote every 15 minutes on “Coastal Living's” website. So far, Grand Haven is in the lead.
5. If you believe what he's been saying, rapper Kanye West may be running for president in 2020. But first he's got a gig here in West Michigan tonight.
He'll be at Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, as part of his Saint Pablo Tour.
Tickets to the show are still available, and range from $30 to $130.
It's worth noting, that since we're right in the middle of ArtPrize, there may be more traffic issues downtown. The show starts at 8 p.m.