Fire causes $100,000 in damage at Battle Creek business

Posted at 7:21 AM, May 21, 2016
and last updated 2016-05-21 07:21:14-04

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — An overheated oven is being blamed for a fire that caused $100,000 worth of damage at a West Michigan business.

It happened around 11:35 Friday night at Graphic Packaging on E. Fountain St. in Battle Creek. Fire crews say the fire started in an oven and spread to a blower then the roof area.

All 30 employees inside were able to get out safely. It took crews about three hours to put out the fire. They say that’s mostly because of the heavy steel and general configuration of the structure.

No one was hurt in the fire.