- Comedian Dave Chappelle is coming to West Michigan.
Tickets for his show are going on sale May 17. He's scheduled to perform at the Kalamazoo State theatre May 21 at 7 pm.
All tickets cost $62.50, and will be available online only, starting at 10 am on Ticketmaster
The performance has a strict "no cell phone" policy, so anyone who brings a phone will have to put it in a locked pouch. If you're caught using your phone inside the venue, you'll be asked to leave.
2. This summer's lineup for the popular Movies in the Park in Grand Rapids has been released.
Here’s the list of the movies playing:
- Wizard of Oz- June 3
- Men in Black- June 17
- A League of Their Own- July 8
- The Mask of Zorro- July 22
- Edward Scissorhands- August 5
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off- August 19
3. It was a valiant effort, but the Grand Rapids Griffins' Calder Cup hopes are over.
They had the opportunity to tie their series with the Lake Erie Monsters at Van Andel Monday night, and it would have been their 3rd straight win. But it all came down to overtime, and it wouldn't end with a Griffins victory.
The Monsters win with a final score of 4 to 3, ending the Griffins' season.
4. Children and adults with disabilities now have new place to play.
On May 16 there was a dedication ceremony at Indian Trails Camp in Grand Rapids for the Kate Pew Wolters Center.
The center is named after the local disability advocate and well known philanthropist.
The 18,000 square foot facility includes a gym, performing arts center, and a lot more.
Wolters said that it means a lot to see her name on the building, because she spent so much time at the camp as a child.
Indian trails has campers that range from 5 to 70 years old, and it's been around since 1953.
5. Google has a new keyboard app for the i-Phone that's aimed at making texting a little easier.
It's called "G Board," it allows you to search Google without leaving your conversation.
You can search for information, pictures, video, and more. The results will show up on the screen, where you can send it to the person you're texting.
It also works for email, and in other apps.
There are also some intuitive features, like glide typing.
It's free at the apple store.