KALAMAZOO, Mich. -- Fire crews worked to put out a large structure fire at the corner of Bryant and Portage in Kalamazoo on Monday.
It started around 6:00 p.m. after an apparent grease fire started in one of the upstairs units. The building was severely damaged and the top floor was completely destroyed.
Clyde Stanfill said he lived in the building and only escaped with the clothing on his back. Now, he's forced to find somewhere else to live and start life all over again.
The flames burnt through two units upstairs and flooded two of the bottom units. A business housed on the same complex also suffered water damage.
Larry Dailey said he owned the property for 30-years.
"It's not a very comfortable feeling," said Dailey.
The Red Cross was on scene helping displaced tenants find temporary housing.
The Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety said everyone made it out of the building and no injuries were reported.