FLINT TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — More than 900 people have filled a Flint-area church for the funeral of six members of a family who succumbed to carbon monoxide.
The Rev. Daniel Patz of Faith Baptist Church says the Quasarano family “wanted to live their lives for Jesus.”
Heather and Leonard Quasarano were found dead last Sunday at their Fenton Township home, along with their four children, ages 2 to 11.
Investigators believe they were overcome by carbon monoxide from a generator running inside the home during a power outage.
The funeral was held Saturday at Flint Central Church of the Nazarene in Flint Township. The Flint Journal says an event to honor the family is planned for Sunday at Linden High School.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help cover the cost of the funeral, you can find a link to that page here.