News

Actions

Everyone safe as home burns to the ground overnight

Posted at 4:42 AM, Feb 17, 2016

PORT SHELDON, Mich. — A home in Ottawa County is considered a total loss after a fire early Wednesday morning.  Fortunately, everyone inside at the time was able to escape without injury.

The fire happened at around 1:45 a.m. at a home on Croswell Street in Port Sheldon.  Dispatchers say all residents were already out by the time crews arrived at the scene.

Three fire departments responded, but the flames quickly spread throughout the structure.  The American Red Cross is assisting the residents.

There is no word yet on a cause.