KALAMAZOO Township, Mich. — A fire forced the guests of the Rickman House to leave their rooms late Wednesday night. Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety says that they received a call after 10 p.m. about a fire that had triggered the sprinkler system at the site.
The building, located on 345 North Burdick Street, was evacuated.
KDPS says that when they arrived on the scene, they found smoke in the hallways but reported that the fire was already out.
The lieutenant on duty said that the scene is being cleared and that the guests were allowed to re-enter.
The building is in good condition.