CHICAGO (WGN) — Several people were injured after a fire broke out on the 50th floor of the famed John Hancock Center in downtown Chicago Saturday afternoon, WGN reports.
Five people were treated for minor injuries and fire officials said the unit’s owner told them the fire began in a bedroom, according to WGN.
It’s still not clear how the fire began. The extent of the damage is still being evaluated.
According to the Chicago Fire Department’s Twitter account, injuries were mostly a result of smoke inhalation.
The fire was on the east face of the building.