Garage fire spreads to home, neighboring house damaged

Posted at 7:32 AM, Sep 01, 2015
and last updated 2015-09-01 08:43:49-04

SPARTA, Mich. -- Firefighters from multiple departments responded to a garage fire that had spread to the rest of the home early Tuesday morning.

It happened shortly before 7:00 a.m. at a house on Anderson Street in Sparta.  Dispatchers say it started as a garage fire, and the flames ended up spreading to the rest of the house.  When crews arrived, they reported the siding on the neighboring home was starting to smoke and melt from the intense heat.

No injuries have been reported.  It is unclear at this time how the fire started.

Courtesy: Alicia Jourden