BETHESDA, Md. — The Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced the recall of a brand of portable jump start power supplies.
Below is the information on this recall.
Whistler Jump & Go Portable jumpstart power supplies — The jumpstart’s lithium battery can overheat and cause the units to melt, catch fire and ignite nearby items, posing a fire hazard to consumers. About 10,400 units are impacted. Whistler has received 45 reports of jumpstart and power supply units overheating and melting, including 18 reports of fire, resulting in approximately $16,000 in property damage. No injuries have been reported. Replacements are available. Click here for more information on this recall.