Starting on Monday, January 5, 2015, FOX17 will begin airing a new show called FOX 17 Midday. This news program will air Monday – Friday from 11:00AM – 12:00PM.
“We’ve been very aggressive when it comes to news expansion recently.” said FOX 17 General Manager, Patty Kolb. “FOX 17 has a history of being available to local viewers at a time that’s convenient for them. We’re very proud to produce more local news than any other station in West Michigan. We know that means viewers will have more chances to get their news and weather at a time that works for them.”
FOX 17 Midday will be anchored by Mike Avery and Deanna Falzone. Mike Avery has been at FOX 17 News since 2005. He started as co-anchor for the weekend version of FOX 17 News At Ten, before joining the FOX 17 Morning News team in 2009. Deanna Falzone, a reporter since 2013, recently joined Mike Avery on the morning news anchor desk.
“West Michigan residents have busy lives so they can’t always get the news and information they need when they want it,” said FOX 17 News Director Brooks Blanton. “FOX 17 News Midday offers our viewers another full hour of news so they can stay up to date on what’s happening in our state, across the country and around the world.”
FOX 17 News Milestones:
- Launched West Michigan’s first 10PM local newscast: January, 1999
- Expanded FOX 17 NEWS AT TEN to a full hour: March, 2004
- Launched FOX 17 Morning News: August, 2006
- Expanded Morning News to 4 hours: August, 2008
- Launched West Michigan’s first HD news operation: April, 2009
- Launched FOX 17 NEWS AT SIX: September, 2009
- Launched FOX 17 NEWS AT FIVE: August, 2011
- Expanded FOX 17 Morning News to 7 days a week: February 2013
- Launched FOX 17 NEWS AT ELEVEN: June, 2014
- Launched FOX 17 NEWS AT FOUR: September, 2014
- Launched FOX 17 Morning Mix: December, 2014