Electrical issue the cause in Grandville house fire

Posted at 11:18 AM, Oct 25, 2014
and last updated 2014-10-25 11:28:03-04

GRANDVILLE, Mich.- Firefighters were busy Saturday morning battling a house fire in Grandville.

According to fire officials at the scene say the fire started around 10:15 a.m. Saturday morning at a home in the 4100 block of Blackfoot Drive SW. Fire officials state the fire started in the kitchen of the home due to an electrical problem.

It firefighters about 20 minutes to extinguish the fire, which they were able to contain to the kitchen area.

The family was not home at the time of the fire. Two pets were located inside the home and were not injured.