Delivery Driver and Manager React To Alleged Kidnapping and Assault

Posted at 8:58 PM, Mar 28, 2014
and last updated 2014-03-28 22:51:33-04

MUSKEGON, Mich. (March 28, 2014) — A pizza delivery man was allegedly kidnapped, beaten and robbed while making a run in Muskegon. Even after getting his teeth knocked out during the assault, he’s back on the job.

Two teenagers are sitting behind bars, facing a possible life sentence if convicted, all over $20 dollars.

Roy Ferguson, 54, told FOX 17 that he’s still shaken up after the traumatic experience.

Investigators said that before the attack that knocked out his front teeth, he was thrown into the trunk of a car and driven around town.

The general manager of the Domino’s on Apple Avenue in Muskegon said that Micah Quinn and Taylin Glenn placed an order for delivery on Wednesday March 19th, with the intent to rob his driver.

“This was an incident that could not be avoided. These guys were going to get someone from somewhere, whether it was from us, one of our competitors, or another person,” said Pierre Tyson, general manager.

The Muskegon County Prosecutor’s Office said that when 54-year-old Roy Fergunson arrived, the two suspects approached him at gun point.

“They then forced him to disrobe from the pants down, and forced him into the trunk of his own car. He was then driven around in his own car for a significant period of time,” said Chief Assistant Prosecutor Timothy Maat.

The men allegedly became enraged after discovering Ferguson was only carrying $20 dollars. Investigators believe that frustration was taken out on Ferguson, resulting in the physical assault.

“Drivers just don’t carry much cash. We always carry less than $20 dollars. He was following our policy, and this situation that we had, happened for very little or no money,” said Tyson.

The manager on duty called Tyson out of concern, after Ferguson didn’t return from the delivery.

“We know what is a reasonable amount of time. At that point, I put some things into place, got in my vehicle and got out and started the search for him,” said Tyson.

Ferguson was eventually able to run for help and call police.

Both suspects were arrested on Thursday.

Ferguson tells FOX 17 that he’s happy to be back at work and is ready to move forward.

“We got him back to work. We moved him to another store and we are just trying to help him piece his life back together right now,” said Tyson.

Maat said that both suspects confessed to this attack.

They’re also facing charges for a separate armed robbery just three days earlier, after robbing a man at gunpoint.

Both teens have an armed robbery conviction from 2010 on their records, part of the reason their bond is set at $500,000 dollars.