There’s more to do outdoors in West Michigan than just skiing and snowboarding. The West Michigan Tourist Association profiles some winter events the whole family can enjoy.
Boyne 50th Anniversary Celebration
• Jan. 31st- Feb. 2nd
• Home to the world`s first triple chairlifts
• Night skiing, and live entertainment, live music by The Sun Messengers in the Zoo Bar, fireworks
• Children ages 8 and under sleep, ski and eat breakfast free when staying at Boyne Highlands; juniors ages 9-15 received discounted rates.
• Home of one of 4 luge tracks in the country
• Coaches on hand to teach you how to start, stop, and steer the sled
• Also offer ice skating, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, & sledding
Cannonsburg in Belmont, just outside Grand Rapids
• New this year: Winter Trails
• Over three miles of terrain usable for Cross-Country skiing, snowshoeing and Fat Biking
• Also offer skiing & snowboarding
Big Bear Adventures in Indian River
• Winter Raft trip on the Sturgeon River
• 1½ hr trip
• A ‘dry trip,’ meaning you`re in rafts that won`t tip over!
• No experience necessary, just warm clothes