News

Actions

Residents Back Home After Morning Apartment Fire

Posted at 4:44 AM, Sep 01, 2013
and last updated 2013-09-01 13:01:17-04

OSHTEMO TWP, Mich.-  Everyone is back home and safe after a fire at an apartment on Coddington Lane in Oshtemo Township.

Fire Officials say they were called out just after 12:30 Sunday morning and had the fire out within a couple of minutes. They tell FOX 17 the fire was caused by unattended smoking materials.

The fire department says the fire was contained to the one apartment it started in but all of the residents were evacuated as a precaution. The resident in the apartment where the fire started was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.