Holland, MI – Holland Hospital has completed a 23,400-square-foot addition to its east wing. The new floor, facing Michigan Avenue, is designed specifically for spine and orthopedic patients who currently receive rehabilitation on the hospital’s fifth floor.
Construction of the $10 million inpatient unit began last September. Growth in the hospital’s orthopedic and neurological service lines, and a desire to have a larger number of private patient rooms, prompted the decision to expand.
The new floor features 24 private rooms and a dedicated inpatient rehabilitation area. Holland Hospital partnered with Herman Miller for modular furniture and casework designed for spine and orthopedic patients.
Other amenities on the new floor include:
- New InTouch™ hospital beds with advanced design and technology for information connectivity, patient monitoring, comfort, and convenience
- Wider doorways easily accommodate patients and equipment
- Modular seating options for family members
- In-room staff computer terminals for tracking patient progress
- Large therapy gym that can be divided for specialized instruction.
- Corridor walls are curved to remove hard edges and avoid accidental bumps
- Soft, indirect lighting for a calm, restorative environment
Patients will begin occupying the new unit on Monday, August 19. The public is invited to see the new floor during on open house on Saturday, August 17 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Guests will enjoy refreshments, giveaways and an interactive health fair. Orthopedic surgeons, rehabilitation and other support staff will be on hand for questions.
Please go online to hollandhospital.org for more information about Holland Hospital’s new spine and orthopedics unit.