GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — A man suffered minor burns in a basement fire on Lyon Street NE on Tuesday evening.
At 7:15 p.m. Tuesday, the Grand Rapids Fire Department responded to a report of a basement fire in the 1500 block of Lyon. The flames were knocked down quickly and firefighters soon began airing out the house.
Firefighters told FOX 17 NEWS that the man was in his basement using a flammable cleaner when the pilot light on the water heater sparked a flash fire in the cleaning products.
The man sustained minor burns but refused treatment.