News

Actions

Fire Damages Kitchen at The Preserve

Posted at 5:42 PM, Jun 29, 2013

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — A stove caught fire inside an apartment at The Preserve in Grand Rapids, around 4:30 Saturday afternoon.

The apartment complex is located behind the Woodland Mall. Firefighters said the kitchen was heavily damaged, but everyone made it out safely.

Residents in other units stood outside while the building had a chance to air out. Firefighters said the apartment’s residents were cooking when then the fire broke out. A badly burned microwave was removed from the unit.

No one was injured.