NEW YORK — The NHL has released the schedule for the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
The Detroit Red Wings are the seventh seed in the Western Conference and will start the playoffs with a best-of-seven series against the Anaheim Ducks. The schedule for the series is below:
- Game 1: Tuesday at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m.
- Game 2: Thursday at Anaheim, 10 p.m.
- Game 3: Saturday at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
- Game 4: Monday, May 6 at Detroit, 8 p.m.
- Game 5*: Wednesday, May 8 at Anaheim, 10 p.m.
- Game 6*: Friday, May 10 at Detroit, TBD
- Game 7*: Sunday, May 12 at Anaheim, TBD
- * = If Necessary
Detroit won the regular season-series against the Ducks 2-1. Anaheim won the first meeting between the two teams 5-2 on February 15. Detroit won the next meeting in Anaheim 5-1 on March 22. Two nights later the Wings won in Anaheim again 2-1.
Detroit ended the regular season on a four-game winning streak. Anaheim won three of their last four to end the season as the Pacific Division champions.