News

Actions

Family Recovering After Carbon Monoxide Leak

Posted at 9:37 AM, Mar 20, 2013

LANSING, Mich. – A group of people were rushed to Spectrum Butterworth Hospital after escaping a home filled with carbon monoxide.

According to WILX-TV,  it happened around 2:30 Wednesday morning at a home in the 4900 block of Tenny Street on Lansing’s south side.

When rescue workers arrived on the scene, the family inside was conscious but very sick.

The fire department went in with detectors and determined there were high levels of gas in the home.

Firefighters said the residents were lucky to make it out alive. They were transported to the hospital, but there’s no word on their condition.

It’s also unknown if there was a monoxide detector in their home.

Authorities suspect a furnace or heater caused the leak.