Woman Found Dead In Home;Carbon Monoxide Levels High

Posted at 11:06 AM, Mar 08, 2013
and last updated 2013-03-08 20:36:37-05

COOPER TOWNSHIP, Mich.–A 75-year-old woman from Kalamazoo County was found dead inside her home off 14th street in Cooper Township on Thursday.  Investigators are looking into carbon monoxide poison as a possible cause.

The woman’s grandson called for help after discovering his mom in the home around 4:45 p.m.

Cooper Township firefighters responded to the call and reported the carbon monoxide levels to be extremely high, according to Cooper Charter Township Fire Chief Terry Emig.

Family members had last seen the woman around 2 p.m. that afternoon.

An autopsy is being done to determine an exact cause.

The Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.