Wyoming Fire Kills 2 Pets and Sends Woman to Hospital

Posted at 5:00 PM, Dec 16, 2012
and last updated 2012-12-16 17:00:32-05

A woman was taken to the hospital following a small house fire Sunday afternoon.

The Wyoming Fire Department said it happened around 2:00 p.m. at 2126 52nd Street SW in Wyoming.

Officials said the fire damaged the kitchen and living room of the house.

A woman suffered smoke inhalation, but a dog and a cat died as a result of the fire.

Fire crews cleared the scene around 3:00 p.m.